Apache BookKeeper community adopts Time Based Release Plan starting from 4.6.0.
Apache BookKeeper community makes a feture release every 3 month.
- A month before the release date, the release manager will cut branches and also publish a list of features that will be included in the release. These features will typically be BookKeeper Proposals, but not always.
- Another week will be left for minor features to get in, but at this point the community will start efforts to stabilize the release branch and contribute mostly tests and fixes.
- Two weeks before the release date, the bookkeeper community will announce code-freeze and start rolling out release candidates, after which only fixes for blocking bugs will be merged.
Feature Release Window
The next feature release is
4.10.0. The release window is the following:
|February 1, 2019||Merge window opens on master branch|
|March 12, 2019||Major feature should be in, Cut release branch|
|March 19, 2019||Minor feature should be in, Stabilize release branch|
|March 26, 2019||Code freeze, Only accept fixes for blocking issues, Rolling out release candidates|
- 4.10.0: February 2019 - March 2019
- 4.11.0: April 2019 - May 2019
- 4.12.0: June 2019 - July 2019
- 4.13.0: August 2019 - September 2019