Apache BookKeeper community adopts Time Based Release Plan starting from 4.6.0.
Apache BookKeeper community makes a feture release every 3 month.
- A month before the release date, the release manager will cut branches and also publish a list of features that will be included in the release. These features will typically be BookKeeper Proposals, but not always.
- Another week will be left for minor features to get in, but at this point the community will start efforts to stabilize the release branch and contribute mostly tests and fixes.
- Two weeks before the release date, the bookkeeper community will announce code-freeze and start rolling out release candidates, after which only fixes for blocking bugs will be merged.
Feature Release Window
The next feature release is
4.6.0. The release window is the following:
|August 12, 2017||Merge window opens on master branch|
|October 16, 2017||Major feature should be in, Cut release branch|
|October 23, 2017||Minor feature should be in, Stabilize release branch|
|October 30, 2017 - November 12, 2017||Code freeze, Only accept fixes for blocking issues, Rolling out release candidates|
- 4.6.0: August 2017 - November 2017
- 4.7.0: November 2017 - February 2018
- 4.8.0: Februrary 2018 - May 2018
- 4.9.0: May 2018 - August 2018