For the core itself:
Hedwig has been tested on Windows XP, Linux 2.6, and OS X.
From the top level bookkeeper directory, run
mvn package. This will compile and package the jars necessary for running hedwig.
See the User's Guide for instructions on running and usage.
To check out, build, and develop using Eclipse:
- Install the Subclipse plugin. Update site: http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x.
- Install the Maven plugin. Update site: http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update. From the list of packages available from this site, select everything under the "Maven Integration" category, and from the optional components select the ones with the word "SCM" in them.
- Go to Preferences > Team > SVN. For the SVN interface, choose "Pure Java".
- Choose File > New > Project... > Maven > Checkout Maven Projects from SCM.
- For the SCM URL type, choose SVN. For the URL, enter SVN URL. Maven will automatically create a top-level Eclipse project for each of the 4 Maven modules (recommended). If you want fewer top-level projects, uncheck the option of having a project for each module (under Advanced).
You are now ready to run and debug the client and server code. See the User's Guide for instructions on running and usage.